Civil Litigation is a legal dispute between two parties where the remedy for damages is money or specific-performance rather criminal sanctions. We assist with all stages of civil litigation including investigation, pleadings, discovery, mediation and trial. Specific- performance is used when the remedy of money will not suffice. It compels a party to complete the terms agreed upon usually in a contract.
We assist with all stages of civil litigation including investigation, pleadings, discovery, mediation and trial.
- Investigation includes determining the cause of action based on the facts and circumstances.
- Pleadings are the petitions filed to the court.
- Discovery is a pre-trial action that includes exchanging information between both parties. This important step ensures that both parties are privileged to essential information and no one is at a disadvantage.
- Mediation is a pre-trial action of arbitration to negotiate a settlement.
- Trial is the formal presentation of facts to a judge after the exhaustion of all other remedies.
Civil Litigation areas of practice include:
- Contract Law
- Business Disputes
- Real Estate
- Medical Malpractice